I have a great recipe to share with you today. It’s vanilla and chocolate coffee cake with orange flavor.
Before trying out my recipe please keep in mind that I don’t like my food to be too sweet. You might find it not very sweet for your tatse. Just adjust sugar accordingly 🙂 .
In addition to that, I should say that I use Xylitol instead of sugar. Xylitol is a natural sweetener derived from 100% north american hardwood. It has the same taste as sugar but has less calories and more benefits than sugar. Xyla is natural insulin stabilizer, therefore it doesn’t cause a spike in blood sugar and actually helps reduce sugar and carbohydrate cravings.
¼ cup of coconut oil ( or vegetable oil if you like)
¾ cup of butter (at room temeprature)
1 cup of sugar
4 eggs (at room temperature)
1 cup of warm milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
¼ cup of cocoa powder
¼ tsp of salt
Zest of 1 orange
1. In a small bowl, combine together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, oil and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs to the mixture and continue to mix until it gets thick and pale colour.
- Add the milk and mix it quickly.
- Add the flour mixture and stir gently just until it‘s incorporated (don’t over mix). Pour 2/3 of the batter into the prepared baking pan (battered) and set aside.
- Add the cacao powder and zest of orange to the rest of the batter and mix it all together until you have smooth chocolate batter. Spoon the chocolate mixture all over the top of the cake batter and smooth the top with spatula (gently pressing chocolate balls into the batter).
- Bake the cake at the preheated oven to 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely before transferring the cake to the platter.
Bon appetite 🙂