Here’s another great recipe that i would love to share with you guys. You will love this recipe :-). I will get better with taking pictures when i cook, promise.
Serving for 2 people
Fresh basil leaves (if you don’t have it use dry ones instead)
2 garlic cloves
30 gr parmesano cheese (grated)
1 tbsp Olive oil
200 gr cream cheese
1 bag of spinach
6 small Portobello mushroom (finely chopped)
½ small onion (finely diced)
10-12 oz fillet salmon (skinless)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
Plain flour for dusting
1 package Frozen puff pastry dough
Coconut oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place basil and 1 garlic clove in food processor and pulse untill smooth. Add olive oil, parmesano cheese, pepper and touch of salt and pulse until mixed together.
- Add the sauce to cream cheese and mix well with spatula until incorporated.
- On a medium high heat sweat onions for about 5 minutes. Add mushroom, salt/ pepper to taste and fry until golden. Next add spinach (it will wilt very fast) and keep stirring it all the time. Once spinach wilted take it off the heat and put it in the bowl. Let it cool.
- Lightly dust your work surface and roll out your dough to about 0.3 mm thick (it has to be pretty thin).
- First place half of spinach/ mushroom mix in the middle of the dough (rectangular shape, same length as salmon fillet), next place salmon on top of spinach/ mushroom mix. Next spread cream cheese mix over the top of salmon. Last, add the rest of spinach mix just on top.
- Lightly cover pastry with egg wash. Fold pastry all the way over, fold all the way over on the other side. Press firmply at the ends (if ends are too long cut it shorter. You could use it to make leaves on top as a decoration) and roll it over. It should look like a rectangul. Place on baking tray covered with aluminium foil. Brush egg wash on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds and salt. Bake uncovered at 400F for 35minutes.
Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy 🙂